Light Blue Bedroom Walls Ideas
Light blue bedroom ideas for adults is the perfect place to relax after a hard day's work. The calm atmosphere of home coziness and comfort will help you relax and gain strength. To create a fresh and calm harbor in your apartment, you need to carefully study the rules for its design.
Features of light blue bedroom ideas for adults
The blue color is filled with nobility and tranquility. To emphasize their belonging to the chosen family, in ancient Egypt, feet were painted with heavenly paint. The Egyptians worshiped blue and considered it a symbol of luxury and freedom.
A rich palette of shades (119 tones) allows you to experiment with the design of the bedroom.
Important! The natural blue tone is ideal for natural-style rooms.
A heavenly color palette can transform any space into an exquisite and luxurious suite:
- will emphasize the simplicity and restraint of the bedroom, made in the style of minimalism;
- in a profitable noble color will transform a classic bedroom;
- will create a cozy romantic atmosphere in the interior in the Provence style.
When choosing a blue tone for the design of a room, it must be borne in mind that it radiates cold and coolness.
Important! Therefore, it is advisable to use it in rooms located on the south side.
For visual “warming” of the bedroom, the base color must be diluted with other color solutions.
This color is not suitable for a dark room. In a duet with the gray colors of the street, the room will look uncomfortable and gloomy.
Advantages and disadvantages of blue bedroom design
According to psychologists, the blue tone of the room is ideal for aesthetes, as well as for those who love silence and seek to find harmony with the world around them. But he, like other color schemes, has its pros and cons.
The main advantages of a bedroom made in a heavenly tone are:
- On a subconscious level, blue is associated with a breath of fresh air. Therefore, people with respiratory diseases in such a room will be comfortable.
- Heavenly shades have a beneficial effect on the human psyche. They calm the nervous system and help you fall asleep faster. Healthy sleep in such a room is guaranteed.
- Many people associate the blue tone with the sea breeze and clear skies. Therefore, this range will help create a spacious and light atmosphere in the room, visually expanding the space.
- The delicate color of the sky is able to "stop" time. In such a room it is pleasant to meditate and turn to the inner “I”.
- A long stay in the blue interior of the bedroom will encourage you to return to it again and again. This color is like a "loyalty inoculation" that has preserved not a single thousand families.
- The blue bedroom is the perfect alternative to pink. Heavenly shades do not irritate the eyes, while still looking soft and delicate. The girl's bedroom can be easily “dressed up” in blue tones. The effect of "pluck out the eye", as with the pink predecessor, will definitely not be. See other articles: bedroom ideas for women.
In addition to the pleasant nuances of the heavenly scale, it has a number of undesirable aspects that can "spoil" the room:
- a large amount of blue in the interior of the bedroom can create the effect of "emptiness" and "winter cold";
- in large rooms, the heavenly palette simplifies the decor and makes the room feel uncomfortable.
Despite the significant advantages of a blue tone, you need to work with it carefully and you should not neglect other shades to create comfort and beauty.
The combination of colors in the blue interior of the bedroom
In fact, cyan is a light blue color. Therefore, it can be combined with many warm, bright, dark, neutral and delicate shades.
Attention! In order for the bedroom to look harmonious, it is necessary to choose the right combination of additional colors for the blue tone.
The choice of a "partner" largely depends on the goal:
- a combination of blue tones with coral, peach or pink tones will create a warm and romantic interior;
- a duet with burgundy color will add luxury and wealth;
- pale greens, mint and azure in tandem with a blue tone will create a real spring in the room.
Popular color combinations in the bedroom interior need to be considered in more detail.
Bedroom in blue and white
The combination of white and blue in the interior is the most common design solution. It is ideal for lovers of fluffy snow and frosty freshness.
Advice! A bedroom in blue and white is best done in the romantic style of Provence or the Mediterranean.
To create a "sunny" highlight in the room, the combination of blue and white can be diluted with yellow. In such a room, the mood will always be at its best. See other articles: brown two colour combination for bedroom walls.
Bedroom in beige and blue tones
The beige and blue tone in the interior of the bedroom fills it with warmth and creates a cozy atmosphere. It is ideal for dark rooms with poor natural light.
Nude and cream shades in tandem with a delicate sky color look amazing. The image of the room resembles an exciting sea and a warm sandy shore, where you want to relax around the clock.
Important! But against the background of a beige palette, the blue color fades and loses some of its cold radiance. To avoid this, it is necessary to dilute the interior with white accents.
Bedroom in brown-blue tone
Retro style is gaining momentum again and reaching the peak of popularity. Bedroom decor in brown and blue is perfect for creating a classic interior. A duet of earthy and heavenly shades will emphasize the luxury and stateliness of the room.
Important! The main thing is not to abuse the brown color scheme, as it can “kill” all the comfort and pleasant atmosphere.
This color should only be used as a light complement to the blue tone. See other articles: bedroom chandelier ideas.
Bedroom in gray-blue tone
Stylish bedroom design in gray-blue tones will be appropriate in both laconic modern and classic interiors.
Attention! Using gray as the main background in the room will dim the heavenly hues.
The blue color will become more restrained, but the room will acquire a sophisticated and elegant note.
If the blue tones will be the main ones in the interior, in this case it is not necessary to overload the bedroom with decorative elements of the same shade, so that the bedroom does not seem too pale.
The exception is blue. Using it in a gray-blue interior will make the room more elegant and brighter.
Bedroom in pink and blue tone
A duo of warm pinks and cool blues can create unparalleled comfort in a bedroom.
Attention! To emphasize the tenderness of this color scheme, it is necessary to add several bright "spots" of blue, olive or yellow shades, as well as fuchsia to the interior of the room.
This combination will surely appeal to romantic and sophisticated natures of any age category. See other articles: matching pink two colour combination for bedroom walls.
Bedroom in monochrome
The monochrome interior of the bedroom is imbued with calmness, serenity, lightness and satisfaction. He is able to transfer to endless lavender fields and eliminate internal tension.
In addition to the blue dominant, the following shades can also be included in the room palette:
- light blue and other shades of purple and gray.
An unusual combination of close and similar tones makes the bedroom stylish and elegant.
Bedroom in green-blue color
The combination of green and blue in the design environment is called “similar color plan”. This is due to the fact that these colors are located side by side on the color wheel.
Important! Such a duet is considered harmonious, but it must be “diluted” with a neutral tone - white or beige.
This will create an exotic summer palette indoors. See other articles: two colour combination for bedroom walls.
Blue tone combined with contrasting colors
The main purpose of the bedroom is rest, recuperation. Comfort and convenience are extremely important for its interior. Therefore, experiments with contrasting shades must be carried out with extreme caution.
In order not to get into a mess, it is better to use the following recommendations:
- When decorating a bedroom in a yellow-blue tone, it is necessary to "dilute" the interior with green or beige. This will "muffle" the yellow tint. Otherwise, such a room will provoke wakefulness, and not sleep.
- It is better not to combine heavenly shades with orange. A bright, sunny hue can energize, empower and inspire action. Therefore, in order not to earn chronic insomnia, this riot of colors must be left for another room.
- A bedroom in black and blue should be done only in combination with a third shade: beige or white. In order not to "overload" the room, black should be used to a minimum, only mellowing out small accents. This combination will definitely be appreciated by active young people.
An interesting combination of contrasting shades in the design of the bedroom in blue can be seen in the photo:
Blue bedroom interior design rules
The design of a sleeping room must be taken seriously. Since future rest after a hard day's work depends on it. In order for the room to evoke only positive emotions, it is necessary to study in detail the rules for decorating a bedroom in blue tones.
Walls in the blue bedroom
It is better to use blue wallpaper to decorate the walls in the bedroom interior, and azure wallpaper to create the illusion of frequency and freshness. They can be combined with a cream color.
The blue background emphasizes the patterns on the walls. Therefore, using wallpaper with curls, flowers, sabers, monograms, you can create an elegant accent wall. You can highlight it with the help of bright and contrasting photo wallpaper.
On the walls in a blue tone, paintings with brown frames will look perfect.
Important! The wood-paneled duo will add a nautical theme to the room.
To maintain this interior on the walls, you can hang wooden panels, shells, a clock in the form of a steering wheel. See other articles: nautical themed bedroom furniture.
Ceiling in the blue bedroom
The blue tone of the bedroom makes it visually spacious, but the harsh color transitions harm this effect. Therefore, for finishing the ceiling, it is necessary to use shades from the same palette.
Important! The maximum effect can be achieved if the top and bottom of the room differ by several tones.
The blue and white ceiling in the bedroom can be complemented by a darker shade of wallpaper. For decoration, you can also use polyurethane skirting boards or moldings.
Photomurals of clouds, nature are popular on stretch ceilings. And with a multi-level structure, a combination of color transitions will look perfect.
The color of the floor can be of any color. The main thing is that it looks harmonious with the rest of the color schemes.
Blue curtains for the bedroom
The curtains in the bedroom should correspond to the uniform color scheme of the room and be in harmony with the objects and style. They can be made of heavy dense fabric or translucent lightweight.
Important! To create an atmosphere of wealth and luxury, you can use curtains with lush draperies and decorative fringes.
You can choose the following options as color schemes:
- In a blue bedroom with brown furniture, curtains in a coffee or chocolate shade are perfect.
- To create a calm heavenly interior, it is appropriate to use straight blue curtains and snow-white tulle.
- For a Provence-style room, floral-print curtains will help create a cozy romantic atmosphere.
- For the windows of a blue bedroom with beige furniture, you can purchase air curtains in a delicate sky shade with soft organza drapery.
- Gray curtains and light transparent white tulle are perfect for decorating windows in a gray-blue bedroom.
To harmonize the bedroom in the color of the curtains, you can choose a bedspread in blue tones. This will make the interior more complete. See other articles: sheer curtain ideas for bedroom.
Furniture for a blue bedroom
The bed is the main element in the bedroom. Its design and dimensions depend on the size of the room and the style of decoration.
Important! In a small room, a modular bed will look advantageous, which can be transformed into a sofa.
In addition, the sleeping room can accommodate:
- bedside tables;
- dressing table.
The most harmonious and optimal option for a blue room is natural wood furniture.
Important! As an economy option, you can use headsets that imitate natural breeds.
To add "sun" to a cool interior, furniture in a blue bedroom should be rich and warm:
- Against the background of a blue bedroom, light brown, beige, cream furniture will look respectable. To add luxury and shine, you can choose polished beds and cabinets made of expensive wood.
- Silver furniture will perfectly fit into the interior of the bedroom with gray-blue walls.
- For those who love experiments, they can decorate the room with a blue bed, complemented by a chest of drawers and bedside tables of the same tone.
But furniture of red, red and black shades on a blue background will look pretentious and gloomy.
To visually expand the space and emphasize the fresh atmosphere, you can use mirror and glass inserts on furnishings (on cabinets, cabinets or dressing tables).
Bedroom textiles in blue
In any interior, textiles occupy one of the main places. The correct selection will allow you to independently regulate the natural lighting in the bedroom, and will also help to give harmony and comfort.
To create a classic interior, you should choose the following fabrics:
- fabrics with a glossy surface (eg satin).
Important! Pillows, bedspreads and rugs can act as bright accents in the room.
To add a royal chic to the interior of the bedroom, you can use canopies over the bed, porters with a lambrequin over the doors.
For textiles in a gray-blue bedroom, light materials from translucent calico and cotton are suitable. In a sky pink room, knitted micropolyester rugs will be appropriate.
Light blue bedroom
With insufficient lighting in the bedroom, all the beauty of the sky blue tone can fade. Therefore, designers recommend paying close attention to this important detail in the interior.
Indoors, the light should be bright and not single. Therefore, to illuminate the room, you must use:
- spotlights on the ceiling;
- floor lamp;
- wall sconces;
- desk lamp.
A crystal chandelier made in a classic style will ideally fit into the interior of the blue bedroom.
But in small rooms, this option will look massive and cumbersome. Therefore, for a small bedroom, it is better to choose spot lighting. See other articles: luxury bedroom images.
light blue bedroom walls ideas pictures
To assess whether the bedroom is correctly decorated in blue tones, you need to rely on your own feelings. If waking up in the morning brings joy and a burst of energy, then the design was done correctly. All that remains is to enjoy the stunning coolness, fresh atmosphere and healthy sleep.