Outdoor fireplace: features and types of construction, photos of ready-made design solutions
A private house is not only a cozy home where you can enjoy peace and quiet, but also a personal plot that can be correctly decorated. Of course, many people pay attention to landscape design, planting trees and flowers, decorating paths and fences, but the recreation area remains the main element of the site. In turn, a comfortable area for outdoor recreation cannot be imagined without an outdoor fireplace, because it is he who will gather everyone around him, will become a key symbol that attracts attention.
covered outdoor living spaces with fireplace
Features of an outdoor fireplace
Before creating an outdoor fireplace, it is important to choose its location, taking into account some of the recommendations of experts and your own preferences. First of all, the object should not be located close to a residential building, as food smells and smoke can enter the house. At the same time, you need to track the wind rose, because the smoke should not go to housing or deep into the site.
As mentioned earlier, an outdoor fireplace can become a decoration of a site, which means that it cannot be hidden by plants or fences, it is important that everyone can see the structure and appreciate it. In addition, the open location of the fireplace will allow you to control the combustion process, no matter where you are on the site.
You can protect the flame from drafts using a hedge, because it will provide the necessary microclimate, give a feeling of comfort, but at the same time it will not interfere with the view. At the same time, it is important to remember about fire safety and slightly distance the element of landscape design from open fire, preventing the structure from catching fire. You can also contact the fire safety department of your region, which will allow you to get a quality recommendation and learn about the norms adopted in the area.
Outdoor fireplace and its varieties
Also, before starting to implement the idea for the construction of an outdoor fireplace, you need to determine the type of structure that will be used on the site. The type of fireplace depends on its functionality, as well as the ability to move from one place to another (stationary or mobile). When choosing a fireplace, it is worth considering not only how it will be used, but also the dimensions of the structure, its location.
Fireplaces with a decorative or decorative and utilitarian purpose deserve special attention, which only help to competently decorate the site, creating a cozy recreation area. To implement the project, a metal bowl with forged legs, surrounded by natural stone, is used. Of course, such a source of fire cannot be called a full-fledged fireplace, because only marshmallows can be cooked here. At the same time, this device can be portable, which will allow you to hide it during the winter period. An alternative solution is a stove-stove, which is easy to operate and can be installed anywhere on the site.
Depending on the technology of the device, the following types of outdoor fireplaces are distinguished:
- A decorative fireplace with an open fire is a bonfire surrounded by heat-resistant material (stone or brick, glass or metal).
- Smokehouse - a device that allows you to cook delicious food, gathering friends and relatives around the fireplace. Particular attention should be paid to factory portable smokehouses, which are easy to operate and lightweight.
- A brazier is a simple structure that is used for cooking meat and other dishes on charcoal or open fire. The brazier can be both portable (metal) and stationary (made of bricks).
- The barbecue oven is a construction with a chimney, with which you can cook barbecue, both on coals and on an open fire. In general, other dishes can be cooked, just use fireproof cookware.
- A bread or Pompeian oven is the ideal solution for lovers of bread and pizza, pita bread and pies. In this design, heat is provided by heated inner walls made of heat-consuming and heat-resistant materials.
If the size of the site allows, then you can use a design that combines several types of outdoor fireplaces at once. For example, you can build a barbecue oven with a smokehouse that opens up unlimited possibilities for the cook. In addition, fireplaces are divided into several categories depending on what material is used for their implementation:
- A brick fireplace is a popular option, because the building material heats up quickly, maintains the temperature for a long time and allows you not only to cook food, but also to warm up near it in bad weather.
- A stone fireplace is a structure that is faced with natural stone that does not emit toxic elements when heated. The stone has an attractive appearance, and also goes well with brick, metal and forged elements.
- 20 Simple House Designs 3 Bedrooms Pictures
- 20 Simple And Modern House Plans Design. Great For Small Families!
- 7 simple village kitchen design
- 90 photos - Interior design of a small kitchen
- Small house design
Outdoor fireplace design
When creating a recreation area, it is important to understand that an outdoor fireplace is not only a source of fire that allows you to cook food, but also an element of landscape design that can be used as a decoration of the site. When decorating a fireplace, it is important to pay attention to the design of the house (its exterior), as well as to other buildings located on the site. In the optimal case, the same materials can be used for it that have already been used for finishing the facade or laying garden paths.
Also, the design of an outdoor fireplace depends on its functionality. If the house is located within the city limits, then it is better to give preference to small portable models. In addition, there are fireplaces that do not require burning with wood, therefore, the model does not emit acrid smoke. Of course, it is unlikely that it will be possible to cook something on such a fireplace, but it looks stylish and emphasizes the landscape design of the site.
When choosing an outdoor fireplace, you can also focus on the style of the site, for example, metal and glass models will perfectly fit into a modern design, a bowl with an ornament will emphasize the sophistication of a classic style, and a stone stove will become a key element of a site made in country or Provence style. A source of open fire can be bought, but it is much more interesting to make it yourself, using a brick or stone laid out in a circle for this. Such a fireplace not only allows you to cook food, but also to keep warm, spending the evening in a friendly company. A more sophisticated option is a large, stationary outdoor fireplace made of bricks.
Hopefully the article covered outdoor living spaces with fireplace is useful. If you have difficulty designing interior designs, you can use the services of a home design architect for maximum results according to your wishes. In addition, you can look for references to examples of the right house designs for your dream building. Congratulations on designing your dream home!