Studio apartment design ideas - Creating an interior design for a studio apartment is a complex and creative task at the same time. Here you can bring to life any interesting solutions, experiment with space, zoning and functionality, combine the incongruous. At the same time, you need to think through everything to the smallest detail in order to get a really beautiful, comfortable and cozy home. We will help you figure it out and outline a plan for further action!
small studio apartment design ideas
Prior to designing and decorating, prioritize:
- An important question: was the studio such originally, or is it an ordinary modified one-room apartment. This affects the area of the space, its configuration, the location of the windows.
- Design the room according to its shape. Classic interiors look interesting in ordinary rectangular and square studios. And in the new non-standard layouts with rounded shapes and beveled corners, modern trends play more interestingly.
- Be sure to take into account how many people will live in an apartment, because the needs of one, a couple or a family with a child are very different. If you have a baby, first of all focus on the safety and practicality of the design.
- Needs change depending on the lifestyle. Someone needs a living area, someone needs an office, a workshop or a small dressing room in the corner. All this directly affects the design of the apartment.
Studio apartment zoning
To choose a design for a studio apartment, first decide what and with what you combine:
- With the help of a small mobile partition, you can equip a full-fledged hallway. This is important in our latitudes, because outerwear and shoes take up a lot of space. Ideally, a large and roomy wardrobe will fit in the hallway.
- The sleeping area can be equipped on the podium. If you want privacy, fence it off with a curtain or screen. A well-thought-out multi-tiered design can replace the bed itself, following the example of Japanese futons.
- The catwalk has another plus: inside you can arrange storage space. Or even hide the pull-out bed.
- For the dining area, there are comfortable and compact folding tables and folding chairs. Or chairs that fold one to one.
- The kitchen corner can be fenced off with an L-shaped or U-shaped set. The equipment is maximally integrated into the cabinets, and one of the parts of the work surface can be used instead of the work area. Just don't forget about a quality hood!
- Use the windowsill. It can be used to equip both a kitchen worktop and a desk. And to protect from the sun, hang up roman blinds or blinds.
- The recreation area is perfectly fenced with a soft corner. To emphasize it even more clearly, place a small rug or carpet on the floor.
Arrangement of furniture
When arranging furniture in a studio, there are two main options:
- Place all cabinets, sofas and tables along the walls as much as possible. This will free up space in the center of the apartment. For example, if you need a place for training or meeting guests.
- Enjoy the island layout. This scheme is suitable for zoned rooms. Allocate a separate soft corner, sleeping place, work area, etc.
In a small studio apartment, it is better to abandon table and floor lamps. As well as from everything else that takes up extra space.
Use multi-level ceiling lighting, compact wall sconces, recessed lighting and LED strips.
Choose chandeliers according to the same principle. Small neat plafonds look neater and not so visually clutter up the space as classic massive chandeliers with pendants.
Choosing an interior style
When arranging a studio apartment, the question of choosing a style is especially acute. The less space - the more important is the unity of design and thoughtfulness of details. You can decorate a studio apartment in both classical and modern directions. We offer several options for review.
Studio apartment in loft style
Loft has not lost ground among trends for several years, and this is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. Decorated in this style, studio apartments fully reflect its original concept: the conversion of workshops and workspaces into functional living spaces.
The loft is quite rough and heavy. It is better suited for larger studios. It uses dark colors, rough surfaces, open communications. Bare concrete and brickwork are appropriate here.
Add some color to your design. For example, bright panels of a kitchen set, a mosaic apron above the work surface, colored lamps. If possible, pay attention to the French windows to the floor. They will fill the room with light and compensate for the gloominess of a deliberately industrial loft.
For flooring and furniture, choose wood with a raw or aged look. You can just loop the old parquet floor. If the height of the apartment allows, keep one more key attribute of the loft - ceiling beams. It can be natural wood or finished plasterboard structures.
Retro radiators, aged lamps, copper and brass decorative elements look good in a loft. And for partitions and zoning, use functional double-sided shelving or cabinets with a mirrored surface.
Scandinavian style studio apartment
Lightweight, airy and as functional as possible, it is at the peak of popularity in the design of studio apartments. There are several reasons for this: an abundance of light colors, cozy natural materials, practical furniture.
The main range is shades of white, beige, cream, pastel colors. Wood and wooden surfaces with a natural texture are actively used. And the colors are added with fresh flowers and flowerpots.
On the floor in such an apartment there is parquet or laminate with a natural wood look. It is desirable that it matches the shade of large furniture: wardrobe, shelves, countertop. Scandinavian-style wallpapers are almost never used. Motley designs are not used either. Line up the walls and paint them the same color: what could be easier?
Contrasting furniture looks interesting against a light background. Dark colors in this form do not make the apartment too gloomy. There is a minimum of decorative items in Scandinavian design. These are paintings, photographs, cozy textiles. Look for curtains and pillows made of natural fabrics with small geometric or floral designs.
For zoning a studio apartment, use light folding screens. They fit perfectly into the Scandinavian and Oriental styles. You can fence off a sleeping place with them.
Studio apartment in the style of minimalis
Minimalis in the interior can look completely different, but it is always characterized by simplicity and conciseness. These are clear forms, a minimum of items, a maximum of functionality. A good solution for the design of small studio apartments.
Minimalis is about light shades. But not necessarily natural. For example, gray variations are in vogue. Simple and not too flashy drawings are also allowed. In "classic" minimalism, no more than 5 colors are used. Among them are several basic and several bright, accent ones. For example, blue, green, red, yellow, orange.
Do you like bold decisions? Paint one of the walls with bright paint. This immediately sets the mood of the apartment and helps zoning.
Don't get carried away with furniture. Take only the essentials! Avoid decorative shelves, pedestals, coasters, and other little things. Leave one roomy wardrobe. You can build it into the wall or use it instead of a partition.
In the minimalist interior of a studio apartment, paintings, figurines and other decorative trifles are rarely used. But such an interesting design tool as lighting is manifested in all its glory.
Provence style studio apartment
Provence is a good choice for those who love decorative interior styles. It is quite graceful and elegant, but at the same time not as pretentious and massive as modern or Victorian classics.
Provence is calm pale colors, natural textures, an abundance of textiles, plant motifs. For the design of a studio apartment, use light wooden floors and light carved furniture, all kinds of tablecloths, napkins, tulle, openwork lace.
Stylish and at the same time practical accessory - beautiful porcelain tableware in the shelves. When not in use, it decorates the room.
Pay attention to the textile partitions: curtains, screens. Ideally, they should be in harmony with pillows, bedspreads, curtains.
High-tech studio apartment
Trendy hi-tech ideal for modern studio apartments. In concept, it is similar to other minimalistic trends, but it has its own pronounced features.
Hi-tech is chrome-plated parts, open communications and fittings, glass, plastic, metal. This is a cold, urban interior, but without complex fanciful shapes, unlike futurism. Choose furniture to match: metal frames, glass and glossy surfaces or contrasting matte finishes, functional sliding partitions.
Take advantage of multi-tiered lighting. Decorative illumination of niches, cabinets and podiums is especially good in high-tech.
If the Scandinavian style is based on natural materials and colors, then hi-tech is modern artificial materials and cold, simple colors with unusual bright accents: orange, turquoise, crimson.
Design of a small studio apartment
A small studio apartment is even more difficult to furnish. Therefore, we advise you to stick to this plan:
- Be sure to measure all distances with an accuracy of a centimeter, so that there are no unnecessary gaps that waste space;
- Before starting work, create a sketch or 3D visualization to make sure the layout is convenient;
- Get rid of everything unnecessary: souvenirs, chargers, extension cords, trash. Feel free to throw out and hide everything that can be thrown out and hidden;
- Choose modular multifunctional designs. They are more expensive and more difficult to install, but significantly save space.
- Living room interior design - features and ideas
- scandinavian style apartment design (80 photos)
- small apartment design ideas (40 photos)
- Provence style apartment design (60+ photos)
pictures of small studio apartment design ideas
Still unable to decide on the final design of your studio apartment? Then we have prepared another selection of photos for you. Look, compare, draw ideas and boldly bring them to life!
videos small studio apartment design ideas
Hopefully the article small studio apartment design ideas is beneficial. If you have difficulty designing a design, you can use the services of an architect for maximum results according to your wishes. In addition, you can look for references to find the right design for your dream building. Congratulations on designing the interior and exterior of your dream apartment!